From conducting cutting-edge research for the Chicago Climate Action Plan, to advancing transit-oriented development, and launching paradigm-shifting programs like I-GO Car Sharing, the Center for Neighborhood Technology has been a leader in promoting more livable and sustainable urban communities.
Terracom assisted CNT in promoting some of its many sustainability initiatives. One in particular is CNT's Housing + Transportation Affordability Index, which looks at the true cost of housing, based on location and transportation costs. The H+T Affordability Index helps planners, elected offcials and consumers see that walkable neighborhoods with access to transit options and nearby amenities are less costly -- both financially and environmentally.
- PR & Marketing Strategy
- Media Relations
- Message Development
- Writing & Editing
Selected results from this project include:
- National online publicity that has included coverage by Consumerist, Salon and Treehugger, driving unprecedented traffic to the CNT website -- a record 10,000 visitors the day of the Consumerist coverage
- Letters to the editor in The New York Times and the Chicago Tribune
- Targeted regional publicity including coverage in Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Minneapolis-St. Paul and Tampa Bay.
- International coverage of the climate impacts of housing location using a social media strategy that delivered more than 90 placements [PDF 166 kb] with online, print, radio and TV outlets.
- An Eco Award for Excellence in Environmental Communications, an international MarCom Creative Award and a Silver Trumpet Award.
Learn more about the Center for Neighborhood Technology.