When Bartlett Tree Experts decided to launch a concerted effort to raise its profile in the Chicago-area, it turned to Terracom. The company, founded by Francis A. Bartlett in 1907 and in its third generation of family management, has a number of sustainability-minded services and products.
Bartlett has been on the leading edge of integrated pest management – which uses knowledge of pests' life cycles and predator relationships to minimize pesticide use. It offers its own certified organic, phosphorous-free fertilizer, developed by the Bartlett Tree Research Laboratories. And its team of Ph.D. scientists continue to advance ecologically supportive tree and soil care on several fronts.
Terracom works on an ongoing basis to keep the company in front of its key audiences.
- PR & Marketing Strategy
- Brand Messaging
- Project Management
- Media Relations
- Content Development
- Event Consulting
Selected results from this project include:
- A front-page Daily Herald article on Bartlett's high-tech care of the very special 9/11 Memorial trees. The feature was above-the-fold and ran front page in all editions of the paper.
- "The Science of Tree Care," an award-winning series of brand-building feature articles, placed and written by Terracom (Visit Experience page to see the three awards.)
- A feature segment about tree-preservation techniques by the nationally syndicated HouseSmarts TV
- High-profile regional publicity of cutting-edge research to potentially prolong the lives of street trees, with coverage by ABC7, WBBM Newsradio 780, WGN Radio 720 and Chicago Public Radio
- Development of an award-winning Sustainable Sites Symposium that drew a capacity crowd of diverse professional disciplines and for which Terracom played a central role in program development, marketing communications and outreach
- Two award-winning feature articles -- Biochar: A Game-Changer for Soils and Delving into Biochar -- placed and written by Terracom. The articles introduce biochar -- a soil amendment that shows promise for helping urban trees thrive -- and showcase Bartlett's pioneering biochar research.
Learn more about Bartlett Tree Experts.